Spartacus: Rebellion  - Ben Kane

I wish this series would go on and on, but well that just would not be possible nor historically accurate right? (unless!!! you could go on with Carbo’s story!? please? pretty please?) now the previous book (Spartacus: Gladiator) had all the action and battle scenes. This one has battle scenes times two. EPIC battle scenes. Well written battle scenes that you feel like this should be played out as a movie just to see how it looks like.

The plot of the book is well done like the last one (I do recommend you read Spartacus: Gladiator before jumping into this one). There’s slightly less intrigue, way more action and fighting, and a lot more memorable quotes to read. I’d say the best part would be Carbo’s mission with Navio (love those two secondary characters not only did they provide some comic relief but seeing Carbo develop character wise was excellent to follow through in the book).

The last and final battle scene was definitely worth reading and I like how it was through Carbo’s perspective. I felt a bit cheated that Carbo didn’t get what he wanted in the end, but I suppose it’s to make it as historically accurate as possible. The author’s note in the end provided a lot of information and the glossary in the back as helps as well because there’s plenty of terminology that was new to me (I’m not well versed in Roman history).

I really wish this could go on in Carbo’s point of view, his story was going towards something with lots of potential and it sounded so interesting. Otherwise, the book was well worth the read. Definitely recommended for history buffs and Roman history lovers out there.