Dark Eden - Patrick Carman
I liked this book! ohhhh the twists. One after another it just came at you. The idea of the plot is interesting by itself. A bunch of teens at an institution trying to deal with their own fears. Some of their fears were horrifying and made you want to cringe when you read through them. I liked how the book was divided up into their own fears (with the appropriate pictures to accompany it). The plot was good, the twists were appropriately placed and the overall mood of the story was dark and suitable. The characters were all right, I can’t really say they were likable. It was more like they were just there for your reading pleasure. I liked the explanation and the back story as to why this institution was created. I wasn’t expecting that AT ALL. It’s creative, and different and puts an interesting spin on this story. The ending leaves you wondering what’s going to happen but it keeps you curious and wanting more. The second book is out already and I’m going to grab it. The ending of Dark Eden was good enough to get me curious as to what was going to happen next. YA readers would enjoy this one. Especially fans who want a thriller.