Most Peculiar Circumstance, A - Jen Turano

Starting to really enjoy these inspirational romances. Not only do they give me my little romance fix that I crave once in awhile but they turn out to be real entertaining and fun to read!

So, I didn’t know this was the second book in the series. It can be read perfectly as a stand alone. But! because I enjoyed reading this one so much I will be getting the first book. The plot itself is well written and provided a good mix of romance, comedy, and a bit of action moments. The romance and comedy do make up the bulk of the story but nevertheless it’s still a fun and entertaining read.

Arabella and Theodore make such an excellent couple. Their banter was fun to read and the way they just drive each other insane was absolutely hilarious. Although Arabella was first seen as a typical ‘bluestocking’ fighting for women’s rights and not being your typical stay at home and be pretty woman, she’s really just a girly girl! her chemistry with Theodore was definitely there and although he was unbearable at first, he does grow on the reader and on Arabella. Eventually.

Although I liked Arabella, I liked Katherine as well. There’s one particular scene where she just irritates Theodore and almost makes him see red which was one of my most favorite scenes. I guess it’s because you could just see her do the action and it suits her personality and character. I liked her character throughout the book. She went from unhappy wife to someone who suddenly did not become afraid of speaking of her mind and standing up to her husband when she was unhappy and voiced her opinion on it.

The action part of the book was good. Definitely enjoyed the last bit of the book although I wish there was just more background information on the women disappearing. I understand perhaps, not much should be said, as then the book would take a darker turn than the light read it should be. But it was just as if criminal was just dumped on in the plot in the last 20 pages and I was hoping there would be more to that than just those last few pages.

Otherwise, I really enjoyed the book. The characters were excellently written and make the book a great read. Definitely recommended.